A video of the session is available on the Skills Matter website:
The whole session is on GitHub at
Here are a collection of links that get mentioned:
- The basics of the web and browsers:
- Other examples of programatically creating a document (but HTML allows us to easily send code to be executed on the client):
- A good description of the components of a URL: anatomy of an HTTP URL.
- An overview introduction to web development, with 3 separate sections: client-side vs server-side, persistent storage, frontend dev.
- To do MVC
- Client-side vs server-side rendering